To pastor and serve the middle and high school age youth of New Life Church. Coordinates with the Lead Pastor, staff, and volunteers to implement the vision of New Life Church within the youth ministry context.
The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor and ultimately the Session (Elders).
That each member of the staff will work faithfully together to support the mission of New Life Church.
- Instruct the youth of New Life Church using Biblical teaching and council to help them grow to be disciples of Christ.
- Minister throughout the week by spending time with the youth outside of the church con-text (i.e. school/FCA visits, counseling, attending extracurricular activities the youth are a part of etc.)
- Oversee the volunteer leadership which is chosen at the discretion of the youth pastor, senior pastor and staff.
- Implements new strategy for growth.
- Coordinates youth related outings, conferences, concerts, retreats, camps and more throughout the year.
- Works with parents to help encourage discipleship at home.
- Leads and coordinates Sunday evening youth nights (games, music, preaching etc.)
- Coordinates and/or leads the Sunday morning Youth Sunday School class.
- Implements fundraising opportunities to support the youth ministry.
- Assists the senior pastor and staff when needed in family counseling situations that involve the youth of New Life.
- Participates and encourages the youth to participate in the life of New Life Church (i.e. special services, events, VBS etc.)
APPOINTMENT AND TIME COMMITMENT
This position functions as a permanent, part time position (15 hours per week) and is paid a stipend.
An evaluation will be made regularly by the Lead Pastor, assisted by the Personnel Task Group
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience in preaching to and teaching youth.
- Experience in developing a discipleship strategy for youth.
- Desire to grow and expand the youth ministry of New Life Church.
- A commitment to the vision and mission statements of New Life Church.
- A commitment to work with the pastors and staff of New Life Church to grow the church and God’s Kingdom.
- Knowledge and use of standard social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.).
- College/Seminary training is a plus but not required.
- Please submit a resume including a list of references to Bradley@newlifefp.org.
- If you have a copy of yourself giving a youth message, please submit a link or audio file.